Thursday, May 21, 2015

RED-y



As a family, we are often busy. But as individuals, I'd have to give the most credit to my girls. They juggle College, secular work and a schedule of volunteer work. So when a recent assembly day arrived and my youngest daughter exclaimed that she had no time to shop and nothing to wear my heart sank. I quickly went to my stash and told her to pick a color her closet was missing and a pattern. I promised her as she walked out to head for school, that she'd have something to wear!


As she left, I could see the concern in her eyes because she knew as I did that I had a deadline to meet since I was also making dresses for a few friends. But I had no intentions on letting her down. Thanks to an easy pattern and some time management my Rissa has her dress.    






 And because she's an amazing young lady with a huge heart, monday after school, she surprised me with this beautiful bouquet as a token of her appreciation for the dress.. I love her so much!!


4 comments:

  1. You and your daughter are wonderful! What a blessing! The dress is gorgeous! That's a McCall's pattern right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paulina. It is a McCall's pattern, M6700. Pretty easy, came together quickly which was great since I was pressed for time.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet daughter you have and I'm sure she looks beautiful in that dress. I love the cut of the neckline and the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Helena.. Thank you. Yes, she is a sweet young lady. Hmmm.. So much like her mom☺️.

      Delete