Thursday, September 11, 2014

Blessed

Not long ago, I was asked to sew some costumes for a play that my daughters would be in. Now, this isn't some school play, no, no, this was more like a broadway production. And once that realization set in, the nerves of corse, followed! But, not being one to shy away from responsibilities -_- I took on the assignment! And what I gleaned from this entire experience could be summed up into one word... Gratitude.


Gratitude because these plays are done yearly, and prior to this I had no idea of the amount of work that went on - from auditioning, to learning the lines, from measurements and draping to fabric choices and fittings.. Months of hard work, all done by volunteers! People like me, but who all showed a willing spirit to give whatever it took. And for that experience I am forever thankful. Thankful that I, along with my girls, could be a part of it, truly a blessing indeed!


                                               












No comments:

Post a Comment