Thursday, September 11, 2014

My Son's Request

This past winter went something like this.. "Snow storm to plummet NYC once again". That was the headline, week after week. Next topic, "Fighting the winter blues".. go figure. Snow storm after snow storm meant little time for anything other than shoveling. During and after it fell, shoveling the sidewalk was the topic of the day at my house. And if that wasn't enough, try shoveling, errrr, digging your car out.. Now there's a workout. Forget the gym, start shoveling! In the mean time, what would a girl like me do while the snow fell? Yup.. Sew!

Once my Sewing Mojo kicked in, it seemed as if everyone had a request.. "Hon, can you fix a button on my coat?", " Mom, can you make me a Maxi dress?", "Mom, can you make me a retro style dress?" Mom, mom, mom.... yes, yes, yes.... Then my dear son, who never asks for anything, made one request.. "Mom, can you make me my first bow tie?"... What... is that it? A bow tie? I had never done a bow tie, but it couldn't be too hard.. right? Here I thought he was going to ask me to make him a 3 piece suit.  So off he went to check out some of my scrap fabric, and off I went to the drawing board.. also known as my dinning room table and researched... bow ties.. That was easy.. While he looked for something he liked, I measured his neck and drew his pattern. Now, thanks to some extra fabric, interfacing and a snow storm, my son has his first bow tie. A little funky, don't you think? 




No comments:

Post a Comment