Friday, December 19, 2014

Wanda

A friend recently asked me to make her a dress. She didn't want anything fancy, just something comfortable to wear to a gathering, and it would help if it was in the color rust; simple enough, except that I hadn't wrapped my head around sewing for someone other than my daughters or myself and of course the occasional bow tie here and there. But in hindsight, I had made costumes for several people, people other than my girls.. (some of them men) so what was the problem? I soon realized that every piece I had made was either donated or stood in the family.. so I wasn't sure how or what to charge someone who wanted to buy a dress. That being said, I search the internet, and read several articles, blogs and visited handmade shops to find a guide. I knew several things had to be taken into consideration, like my time and the cost of fabric and supplies. I eventually summed everything up and came up with a number, one which I'm comfortable with.  One that is not based on feelings but in honesty.

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment