Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Spring forward



Spring is finally here and with its arrival came.. more snow. And not a few flurries as one might hope or think, but actual, "I'm sticking to the ground and you'll have shovel" snow. Yup, those where its words. Speaking of words, Im quite tired of writing "snow and shovel" and would trade right about now for "sun and shine". With that in mind and anxiously waiting to toss the Parkas, I decided to start Spring Cleaning. First stop, my closet. They say, you should always remove everything, wipe down the empty space and to put back what your going to"keep". Since I do this all year round, my toss pile is always much smaller than my to keep. One thing I did notice I have very few of are Midi skirts. That same evening, my son wore a bow tie I made for him Here and I remembered this amazing fabric I picked up at Mood some time ago.

The skirt is self-drafted and started out as a gathered waist, but didn't last long as I eventually decided on inverted pleats. I lined it with white tricot and added hot pink hidden pocks for fun.




I used an invisible zipper at the center back seam and a 2" double fold hem for weight. 


Absolutely love how it turned out, I'm sure it'll be one of many. 

No comments:

Post a Comment